My Go To Breakfast
As a college student trying to live a healthy lifestyle, and finding it difficult to do it on a budget in NYC, I feel like I have (almost) mastered the art of not spending a lot of money on food, while also avoiding eating at the dining hall.
That being said, I wanted to share some of my favorite breakfast recipes that you can make from the comfort of your dorm room (and anywhere else too!).
- 1 cup of greek yogurt (vanilla or plain) / any kind of non-dairy yogurt!
- a handful of your choice of granola ( My favorite is Trader Joe's Almond Butter Granola)
- fresh raspberries (or any fresh fruit you'd like to add in!)
- sliced almonds
- chia seeds
- drizzle of honey (or agave if you're vegan!)
... annnnnd you're all set!
Here's a small $ saving tip:
- If you have a Whole Foods nearby ( there are plenty of them in NYC), go to their self-serve kiosk area where you can get some necessities like flour, sugar, nuts, oats, granola, dried fruit, etc. in smaller, self serve portions which can save you some moolah in the end!
Enjoy all of the yummy deliciousness & look out for all of the other recipes that I end up sharing in the future!